Re: lynx-dev Form fields & numbers

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Form fields & numbers
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 1998 07:52:29 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 14 Oct 1998, Philip Webb wrote:

> if you enter the number of a form field, then Enter,
> the hilite moves to the field, but doesn't activate it.
> surely anyone wanting to go there also wants to activate the field,

The code was designed this way on purpose. I, for one, certainly don't
want submit buttons automatically activated. You may not be able to
tell from the link name that it is a submit button. Only when you get
to it will this be obvious from the status line (in Advanced mode). I
am not sure that an extra press of enter is so much trouble to prevent
unwanted submissions.
                           Doug
__
Doug Kaufman