Re: lynx-dev Form fields & numbers

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Form fields & numbers
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 1998 13:59:23 -0400 (EDT)

981013 Doug Kaufmann wrote (Rick Lewis also commented):
> On Wed, 14 Oct 1998, Philip Webb wrote:
>> if you enter the number of a form field, then Enter,
>> the hilite moves to the field, but doesn't activate it.
>> surely anyone wanting to go there also wants to activate the field,
> The code was designed this way on purpose.
> I, for one, certainly don't want submit buttons automatically activated.
> You may not be able to tell from the link name that it is a submit button.

you may be misunderstanding the case i'm referring to.
eg when i want to do a case-sensitive search & call up the Options Form,
if i enter the link (i've forgotten the number off-hand, say it's  [8] ),
the hilite moves there & i have to do Enter to get the box to expand
so that i can select the appropriate line
(before exiting the box & accepting the change).
if i did want to simply goto there & sit without opening the box
-- RL says he sometimes wants to do that, but i can't think why -- ,
i can enter  8g , which will do just that.
entering  8  followed by Enter should goto the box AND expand it:
you can always exit again without changing the selection.