Re: lynx-dev Form fields & numbers

From: Laura Eaves
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Form fields & numbers
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 1998 15:13:53 -0400 (EDT)

> From: Philip Webb <address@hidden>
> Date: Wed, 14 Oct 1998 08:21:01 -0400 (EDT)
> setting `links & form fields are numbered' is very useful, to me at least.
> however, i just noticed what i'ld say is an unnecessary limitation:
> if you enter the number of a form field, then Enter,
> the hilite moves to the field, but doesn't activate it.
> surely anyone wanting to go there also wants to activate the field,
> at least to see what the list is, if not to change the displayed item.
> how easy is it to change?  can anyone point me to the right bit of code?

Not necessarily -- how would you "activate" a text entry field?  Hitting
return moves you to the next link, which probably isn't what you want.
In any case, I purposely implemented form field numbering so that it doesn't
try to activate the link you jump to as this seemed more logical at the time.
In fact, I think it would be nice if 123 acted like 123g for links as well as
form fields -- but this would break backward compatibility...
--le