Re: lynx-dev pre.10 : -post_data, nls-fork, various

From: brian j. pardy
Subject: Re: lynx-dev pre.10 : -post_data, nls-fork, various
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 1998 23:16:48 -0700

[Cc'd to address@hidden as named on the page being referenced]

Serge Munhoven:
>  >  > - Accessing http://www.light.com/publisher the first time (no
>  >  > cookie set for them) and submitting the form proposes a cookie.
>  >  > Even if accepting it, the submission fails. Exit lynx and restart
>  >  > it (with those cookies still in the jar) and everything works.
>  >  > Note that I have brian j. pardy's cookie-patch applied. Is there
>  >  > any difference between the handling of fresh cookies and those
>  >  > from the jar ?

brian j. pardy:
>  >  This URL is returning a 404 error for me.

Serge Munhoven:
> Sorry, Should be: http://www.lightS.com/publisher/ (And I had even
> noticed it, but forgot to correct it. Sorry again).

Okay, taking a look at this (I'm not going to post the trace log unless
someone wants to see it, it's long and ugly), it looks like a broken site.

If you enter the page with no cookie set, following the 'submit' link
sends you to a page (let's call it "A") which sends you a cookie and
redirects you to a page ("B"). Page "B" then redirects you to "A". Which
redirects to "B". Etc.

If you enter the page with the cookie set, the "submit" link sends you to
a different page ("I don't need to send you a cookie, go ahead"), which
doesn't do any wonky redirection.

It's broken.

--
Behind every great computer sits a skinny little geek.