Re: def7_uni.h (Was: Re: lynx-dev pre.10 : -post_data, nls-fork, various

From: dickey
Subject: Re: def7_uni.h (Was: Re: lynx-dev pre.10 : -post_data, nls-fork, various)
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 1998 05:21:21 -0400 (EDT)

> On Wed, Oct 14, 1998 at 06:08:56PM +0200, Serge MUNHOVEN wrote:
> > - Broken def7_uni.h : thanks to Leonid Pauzner, Thomas E. Dickey and
> > Michael Warner for their replies. I seem to be the only one affected and
> > did
> > not yet find the true reason for this problem. My system is the same as
> > Michael's and has been reinstalled from scratch a few months ago. The
> > problem
> > still appears in pre9 (no surprise) and also on another system 4.0c. Under
> > some mysterious circumstances
> >         printf("%3d", unicount[i]);
> > is not executed, that's all I can say for now. I hacked around it, but as I
> > said, I did not find the real answer.
>
> I am having problems with def7_uni.h,  too.  My system is SunOS 5.6.
> The behavior I am experiencing is rather puzzling.  When I run
> makeuctb def7_uni.tbl
> with stdout going to the terminal,  I get the complete def7_uni.h
> displayed.  If I redirect the output to a file,  it gets terminmated in

I run all of my lynx builds tee'ing to a file.  For example, one of my
wrappers for 'make':

#!/bin/sh
OUT=make.out
cat >>$OUT <<EOF/
** `date`
** node: `hostname`
** user: `id`
** make: $*
EOF/
make $* 2>&1 | tee -a $OUT

I can experiment with the parts, but don't see where the problem might lie.
(You did say SunOS, right?  - That still doesn't give me a clue.  If it
were a very-old system, some did not flush stdout before exit, so that
could be the problem - but you could try putting fflush(stdout) and
fflush(stderr) before the calls to exit).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden