Re: lynx-dev QUIT_DEFAULT_YES: no?

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: lynx-dev QUIT_DEFAULT_YES: no?
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 1998 17:17:46 -0400 (EDT)

981015 Brian Pardy wrote re
>   (c) QUIT_DEFAULT_YES defaults to FALSE
> It is rather annoying to start changing defaults between versions,
> it totally violates the principle of least astonishment.
> when that default changes it is confusing
> and forces another change to my local lynx.cfg.

this sounds rather like an argument for never changing things at all.
are you arguing that we shouldn't change current defaults,
even if the alternative is better for most users, at least once accustomed?
one assumes regular subscribers read the detailed changes for new versions,
so they at any rate shouldn't be taken by surprise,
& changing  lynx.cfg  takes maybe  60 seconds .