Re: lynx-dev download like action

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev download like action
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 1998 18:35:18 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 15 Oct 1998, Philip Webb wrote:

> 981015 Reuben Sumner wrote:
> > Is there method do run one of a selection of commands on a given URL
> > where the URL itself is passed to the command
> > and lynx itself does not try to download anything: eg
> >   wget -b %s            # download in the background
> >   screen lynx %s        # open URL in new window
>
> have a look at external devices in  lynx.cfg ;

Actually, if I remember correctly, to do this you need to create a
shell script which give you the choices, then set this script as the
external command. I haven't done it, but the lines in lynx.cfg should
be something like:

EXTERNAL:http:your_script %s
EXTERNAL:ftp:your_script %s
EXTERNAL:gopher:your_script %s

You would need a separate line for each type of URL for which you want
this to be available.
                            Doug
__
Doug Kaufman