Re: lynx-dev Anyone using mail.yahoo.com ?

From: Lloyd G. Rasmussen
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Anyone using mail.yahoo.com ?
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 98 13:31:20 EDT

On Fri, 16 Oct 1998 08:41:06 -0400 (EDT),
Larry W. Virden  <address@hidden > wrote:

>Platform: dev.10 lynx, SPARC Solaris 2.5.1, ncurses, Sun compiler,
>configured to always accept all cookies.
>
>i notice today that i am having some real problems accessing the above
>web site.  Most of the time I am receiving an error when lynx is trying
>to read.  However, I did get into the site twice.  The first time I did,
>I had invoked lynx with -cookies, to see if turning off cookies made
>a difference.  I got in, but then I got an error about problems with
>cookies not being accepted.  So I exited, started up again with cookies
>set, and the site seemed a bit better - except that after I got in initially
>I started getting the network read errors again.
>
>I wonder if one of the recent changes might have broken things.
>--

I noticed that Lynx Pre.9 for Win95 was having some read errors when
accessing a Netscape server that is being used in my wife's college
classes.  I could usually try to get the same page a second time and
it worked.  I attributed it to flakiness of their server, but perhaps
it's not.  This is a password-protected site, but it does not use
cookies.

-- Lloyd Rasmussen
Senior Staff Engineer, Engineering Section
National Library Service for the  Blind and Physically Handicapped
Library of Congress          202-707-0535
(work)       address@hidden    http://www.loc.gov/nls/
(home) address@hidden http://home.sprynet.com/sprynet/lras/