Re: lynx-dev HTML error or Lynx error?

From: Dave Eaton
Subject: Re: lynx-dev HTML error or Lynx error?
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 1998 12:02:13 -0700 (MST)

On Sat, 17 Oct 1998, Jason Castonguay wrote:

> the HTML file I am referring to is "http://www.getbent.com/1af.htm";.

> links that are presented in the file, it shows the

Actually, on this page they are written:
 <A HREF="link"><LI>description</A> more text<P>

But anchors, "<A ", are text level elements can only contain other text
level elements. A list item is not one of these.

If you use Lynx's -tagsoup option, you should be able to see and
manipulate the links on this page.

> Btw, I have friends that use MS Internet Explorer and they don't seem to
> have a problem.

Yeah, both MSIE and Netscape accept quite a mix of "errors" and render
them in whatever way they choose. The fact that they display a page
does not mean it is "correct".

BTW, there are quite a number of other errors on this page ... two "<BODY"
tags, overlapping "<B>...</B>" tags with others, etc. Could use quite an
overhaul, but based on the page content, I doubt the author would be very
interested. <g>

 Dave Eaton
--
 Artronic Development  - Your Web Site Solution
 12629 N. Tatum Blvd., Suite 224; Phoenix, AZ 85032