lynx-dev Text Mode Helpers, incl. PDF (was: crypto help)

From: David Woolley
Subject: lynx-dev Text Mode Helpers, incl. PDF (was: crypto help)
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 1998 11:49:31 +0100 (BST)

> plugins .  If a site requires interaction with a hypertext linked pdf,
> you are likely to have problems since I don't know of a text helper for
> that format, etc. You also may find sites which make heavy use of

I don't know of a solution for PDF with hypertext within the PDF, but
ps2ascii from ghostscript 5.10, possibly followed by something like
fmt, will recover a fair approximation of the text (the main problem is
that spaces are unlikely to be explicit and the software has to guess them
from positioning - correctly done PDF would be OK, but that is very rare).

I wouldn't use ghostscript 5.50 for PDF as it broke on the first test file
I tried (converted by itself).