Re: lynx-dev Lynx for new VMS freeware CD

From: dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Lynx for new VMS freeware CD
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 1998 07:21:54 -0400 (EDT)

>       RE VMS freeware CD
>
> It was recently announced on comp.os.vms .....
>
> >  OpenVMS Engineering is soliciting submissions of new freeware software
> >  packages for inclusion onto the next OpenVMS Freeware CD-ROM, as well
> >  as any available updates to any of the packages already included on the
> >  existing Freeware CD-ROM V3.0 distribution.  These submissions will be
> >  incorporated into a new Freeware distribution, included with an upcoming
> >  OpenVMS release.
> >
> >  New deadline: Friday, November 6th, 1998.
>
>       Will there be a lynx 2-8-1 final by then ?
probably.  I'd like to freeze the code (early) this week.  (Making it work
on VMS is rather high on my list of things to work on).

>       If so, is anybody planning to send a release for inclusion ?
I'll probably see the announcement (I read that group).  If you can build
and distribute executables, that would be a big help (not many people like
building things like Lynx).  If not, I can put together a source-only
release (I did that for flist and vile before).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden