Re: lynx-dev Lynx 2-8-1 rel 11 on VMS

From: dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Lynx 2-8-1 rel 11 on VMS
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 1998 19:23:44 -0400 (EDT)

> Both versions working well so far.
good - changing the VMS-only code is always a problem since I cannot
test-compile it.  (I generally test-compile a module after changing 10-20
lines).

> Another Minor note - the cookie file and options save increment the VMS
> file version number, no problem until after 32767 updates, the maximium
> version
> number, then the files are no longer updated. No errors or crash, the file is
> simply not changed.

yes, I'm aware of that: the original code was not satisfactory since it
would not work correctly if an older version were protected.  I decided
to make the simpler HTVMS_purge for this release, and then later revisit
that and do the single piece of logic correctly.  (The original code that
Fote wrote did the same thing in two places; BJP's change ditto'd it and
forced me to look at it again - I'd noticed the logic error last year but
did not make a note to fix it).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden