Re: lynx-dev bug still remaining in latest development release of lynx

From: dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev bug still remaining in latest development release of lynx
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 1998 08:15:40 -0400 (EDT)

> From: address@hidden
>
> >> After the cursor appears to the far left and starts to move right, the
> >> characters appear one at a time, with the periods not displaying.
> >
> >but this trace shows all of the characters appearing at once, in the final
> >mangled form.  There's no intermediate steps.
>
> Tom, the only think I can think is that the problem isn't generating trace
> entries during the left and right arrow processing and so the only time
> a trace is being generated is after I hit the return.

no - I was talking about the typescript file.  You were moving the cursor
from right to left, and you say the characters appear one at a time.  The
typescript shows one line emitted correctly, and then overwritten by another
line that's garbled.  There's no intermediate states.  (If you were running
in 'screen' or something else that could filter things, that might produce
this effect, but then we're back to finding out if the bug is in lynx or
in screen/terminfo).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden