Re: lynx-dev vote for EXP_PERSISTENT_COOKIES as default

From: brian j. pardy
Subject: Re: lynx-dev vote for EXP_PERSISTENT_COOKIES as default
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 1998 08:23:12 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 20 Oct 1998, Leonid Pauzner wrote:

> I vote to made EXP_PERSISTENT_COOKIES symbol defined by default
> unless otherwise specified or we are in anonymous mode.
> It works stable (unless multiple lynxes started from the same account
> and we may lost the last session cookies in a worst case).
>
> Persistent cookies looks like great advantage over the previous release
> but may be out if sysadm or a person who made a binary for distribution
> read INSTALLATION file not very carefully.

Do we want something with the name "experimental" to be a default? :)

It seems to me like every couple days after a new buglet is found and
fixed regarding cookies (though this most recent one seems to be in the
regular cookie handling code, not just persistent), another one pops
up.

I'd hate to have it the default and end up being forced to quickly
release 2.8.1rel2 (rel1?) to fix a couple we haven't found through
testing yet.

Consider me noncommital, but leaning towards making it the default.

--
GPG & PGP public keys: <URL:http://www.psnw.com/~posterkid/keys/>
PGP fingerprint: 42 57 B3 D2 39 8E 74 C3  5E 4D AC 43 25 D2 26 D4