lynx-dev lynx for DOS

From: Jim Habegger
Subject: lynx-dev lynx for DOS
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 1998 17:55:18 -0700 (PDT)

address@hidden wrote:

> send to address@hidden and address@hidden

Hi Wayne,

I'm trying to set up lynx on a 486DX with 8MB RAM, Windows 3.1, and a
dial-up internet service with Windows software. I couldn't find a
Windows 3.1 version of Lynx on the Web, so I downloaded lynx_386.zip
and unzipped it and now I'm totally lost. The readme says I need a
packet driver. I have no idea what a packet driver is or how to get
one that will work with my setup. I've been to
http://www.fdisk.com/doslynx/ and followed links in all directions,
and I'm just going in circles. Also, I can't figure out if I have to
have cp.exe or not, and if so how to get it.

Jim

==
"No man can attain his true station except through his justice. No power can
exist except through unity. No welfare and no well-being can be attained except
through consultation." -Baha'u'llah