Re: lynx-dev installing Lynx on a PC

From: David Woolley
Subject: Re: lynx-dev installing Lynx on a PC
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 1998 08:25:45 +0100 (BST)

>                        I do not have a winsock (?); I do have a TCP/IP
> configuration that is set to obtain IP address automatically.

These statements are mutually incompatible for Win 95.  If your system is
configured for TCP as you claim, Lynx for win32 runs straight out of the
box (give or take firewall rules set at the boundary of your LAN) on NT 4,
and I can see no reason why Win 95 should differ.

I suggest debugging your TCP configuration, by, for example running
telnet.