Re: lynx-dev status

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: lynx-dev status
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 1998 02:10:58 -0400 (EDT)

981022 Thomas Dickey wrote:
> I don't know of any serious reproducible bugs.  Aside from the urge to
> redesign everything, does anyone have a bug that would prevent release?
-- snip --
>  * minor/cosmetic fixes for comments and documentation - LP

i'll try again: i have created a simple reformatting of the Main Help Page
-- goto  http://www.chass.utoronto.ca/~purslow/helpmain.html  -- ,
on which i have so far had no feedback: i believe it's easier to follow,
with very brief headers & explanations of the links.
the first group of URLs -- to local files -- don't work (of course),
since the file is in  public_html , not the normal subdirectory
with all the other help files: there should be no problem
when the file is found in its normal subdirectory.

does the silence denote shock, horror, acceptance, puzzlement?
if it's an issue, certainly let's leave it till 2-8-2 ,
but if not, can we add it for 2-8-1 ?

i'm well aware TD wants very much to get 2-8-1 finished
& have a lot of sympathy with him on that point (smile).