lynx-dev Question about form entry fields in Lynx 2.8

From: Richard Steiner
Subject: lynx-dev Question about form entry fields in Lynx 2.8
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 1998 00:35:35 -0500

I've been using various flavors of Lynx since 2.4, and I'm not using
Lynx 2.7.x and Lynx 2.8 on various platforms (FreeBSD, Linux, and OS/2
mainly).

My question resolves around the behavior of Lynx when replying to a
forum posting in the InfoWorld Electric Forums found here:

  http://www.infoworld.com/cgi-bin/displayForums.pl?forums.htm

When replying to a posting in that forum, Lynx only gives me a 20 row
by 55 column reply area.

Browsers like netscape perform an auto-wrap in that defined area.

Lynx either forces me to enter a hard end of line in order to see
everything on input or continue typing without word wrap and use the
cursor keys to slowly move left and right in the line of text I typed.

Is Lynx behaving as intended here?

--
-Rich Steiner  >>>--->  address@hidden  >>>---> Bloomington, MN
         OS/2 Warp 4 + Linux + Executor = PC Hobbyist Heaven!