lynx-dev lynx pre11 Solaris 2.6 Ultrasparc build problem

From: Larry W. Virden
Subject: lynx-dev lynx pre11 Solaris 2.6 Ultrasparc build problem
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 1998 21:30:00 -0400 (EDT)

I decided to try building with the latest version of Solaris here before
trying to do a lot more debugging.  I also did a make distclean, then
did a configure without any extra options.  Finally, before I
did the make, I hand edited config.status to add in the -g flag.

I then do a build.

At link time, I get this error at the end

Linking and creating Lynx executable
cc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H  -I. -I.. -Ichrtrans
-I/home/lwv26/i/src/Unix/lynx/t/lynx2-8-1/src/chrtrans
-I/home/lwv26/i/src/Unix/lynx/t/lynx2-8-1
-I/home/lwv26/i/src/Unix/lynx/t/lynx2-8-1/src
-I/home/lwv26/i/src/Unix/lynx/t/lynx2-8-1/WWW/Library/Implementation  -g  -o
lynx  LYClean.o LYShowInfo.o LYEdit.o LYStrings.o LYMail.o HTAlert.o GridText.o
LYGetFile.o LYMain.o LYMainLoop.o LYCurses.o LYBookmark.o LYUtils.o LYOptions.o
LYReadCFG.o LYSearch.o LYHistory.o LYForms.o LYPrint.o LYrcFile.o LYDownload.o
LYNews.o LYKeymap.o HTML.o HTFWriter.o HTInit.o DefaultStyle.o LYLocal.o
LYUpload.o LYLeaks.o LYexit.o LYJump.o LYList.o LYCgi.o LYTraversal.o
LYEditmap.o LYCharSets.o LYCharUtils.o LYMap.o LYCookie.o LYExtern.o LYStyle.o
LYHash.o UCdomap.o UCAux.o UCAuto.o  ../WWW/Library/unix/libwww.a -lcurses
-lnsl -lsocket
ild: (undefined symbol) LYsubAttr -- referenced in the text segment of
LYCurses.o
ild: (undefined symbol) LYaddAttr -- referenced in the text segment of
LYCurses.o
make[1]: *** [lynx] Error 5
make[1]: Leaving directory `/projects/intranet/src/Unix/lynx/t/lynx2-8-1/src'
make: *** [all] Error 2

Has anyone any idea on how to fix this?  These are functions in LYCurses.c -
it's almost as if some of the #ifdef lines are wrong, causing the code
to either refer to these two functions when it should not, or to not
define the function when it should.
<URL:http://www.purl.org/NET/lvirden/> <*> O- "We are all Kosh."