Re: lynx-dev status

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: lynx-dev status
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 1998 04:17:21 -0400 (EDT)

981023 LVW NHE PW discussed updating the `index' link:
> the `index file' is yet another piece of antediluvia,
> which we might well update into a really useful list of basic links,
>> When the latter is done, THEN remove the search engine links
>> from the help entry menu.  I totally agree with what you suggest
> no, that's just going to leave the current mess till 2-8-2.
> however, i will create another `index' document,
> incl the search links & whatever seems useful in the default `index':
> it too can be added to the new release: check later today (hopefully).

goto  http://www.chass.utoronto.ca/~purslow/public_html/lynxidx.html .
it's a start, which incorporates the old `index' link to NCSA Mosaic
& retains the search engines + a couple of new ones.
i could add lots more links, but what do y'all suggest?
it should be enough for 2-8-1 at any rate.