Re: lynx-dev --libdir and --includedir

From: Larry W. Virden
Subject: Re: lynx-dev --libdir and --includedir
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 1998 09:55:36 -0400 (EDT)

From: address@hidden

> > I seem to need to use the above two arguments to configure to specify where
> > to find the ncurses library.

> but you can do that with $LIBS (that's how I build the slang version on my
> home machine, as well as the older versions of ncurses).  I would use
> the --libdir option only for setting the location where I'm installing lynx.

I understand - that's how I normally do things to.  But in all my combinations
I was trying, I found some that didn't seem to use LIBS.

Unfortunately, I didn't keep good notes on which combinations didn't
work - next time I have a night to waste I will try them all again to
figure out the problem better...

> maybe for 2.8.2 (a month in prerelease is long enough - the only thing that
> I'm doing now is verifying that the different platforms work properly).

I understand - I didn't mean to imply such a change for this release.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden