Re: lynx-dev Cosmetic glitch in configure

From: dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Cosmetic glitch in configure
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 1998 18:54:29 -0400 (EDT)

> Hello, Lyncei
>
> The first time I run configure, with nothing cached, I see:
>
>     checking for uid_t in sys/types.h... yes
>     checking type of array argument to getgroups... gid_t
>     checking for pid_t... yes
>     checking for uid_t in sys/types.h... (cached) yes
>
> Apparently the redundant check for uid_t causes it to be
> reported as cached the second time.  Startling, but harmless.
it's just an eccentricity of autoconf.  It stores a symbol that's the
concatenation of the symbol it's looking for, and the place it finds it.
The first uid_t test is a side-effect of the (canned) getgroups test.
The second is explicit (and if I'd noticed it -- and knew that the
getgroups test _always_ tests for uid_t -- could remove it).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden