Re: lynx-dev ***BUG in Autoconf--please report*** AC_DIVERT_HELP

From: pg
Subject: Re: lynx-dev ***BUG in Autoconf--please report*** AC_DIVERT_HELP
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 1998 17:45:06 -0700 (MST)

In a recent note, address@hidden said:

> Date: Sun, 25 Oct 1998 17:28:41 -0500 (EST)
>
> They can't (it won't work except as a patch to the base autoconf stuff).

Yah, I see, now that I've looked at one of them.

> You could add dummy macros but it won't work correctly since the quoting
> of the help-messages is a little different.  (The resulting, patched

Yah, I tried that; it didn't work.

> For the longer term; yesterday the fellow who's acting as the autoconf
> maintainer said that "soon" he's going to make available snapshots of
> his upcoming 2.13 version.  I'll nag him about it if he's not used any
> of my fixes...

We can only hope.

I feel like I just pulled the thread that was holding everything
together.  I'm afraid to delve too deeply into autoconf.  I think
I'll just comment out everything that doesn't work for the time
being, and post a patch to configure.in when I have one.

Thanks again,
gil