lynx-dev Vanilla install on NT Server: instructions wanted (was: [ no su

From: David Woolley
Subject: lynx-dev Vanilla install on NT Server: instructions wanted (was: [ no subject ] )
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 1998 08:42:55 +0000 (GMT)

> bgColor=3D#ffffff>
> <DIV>Can you help me?...I would like to run Lynx on an NT server.&nbsp;=20

Your are not asking to do anything unusual, so you should be able to do
it all from the available documentation.  If you think the documentation
is inadequate, you need to be specific about where it is ambiguous or
specify the precise points where it assumes knowledge which would be
possessed by someone with a reasonable hope of installing and using the
program.  This will allow the documentation to be improved so that people
don't need to be asked in the future.

If you have tried to follow the documentation and have failed, then you
need to be as precise as possible as to the nature of the failure.  In
particular, you mustn't try to summarise information unless you understand
it well enough to know which parts are relevant - anything you don't
understand is likely to be significant.

None of these, and particularly the last one, should appear in mail
to mailing lists; they all waste bandwidth and reduce the number of
people who can easily read the mail.  In particular, the last one is
simply the texture of your "writing paper", and totally useless.