lynx-dev different versions of lynx.. different outputs.

From: Eduardo Chappa L.
Subject: lynx-dev different versions of lynx.. different outputs.
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 00:43:51 -0800 (PST)

Hi there

  I installed Lynx 2.8.1Rel.1 in unix for my personal use, with ncurses
4.2. I checked out the output of the following address:
http://www.math.washington.edu/ in lynx 2.7.1 (no information about
compilation available) and it differs completely from mine. The
title and other things appear centered in version 2.7, but not so in 2.8.
I repeated the test with version 2.8Rel2 and it appears not centered
again. Finally I tested version 2.8.1pre.6... same result.

  There appears the following code:

whose output in 2.7.1 is

                .. blah blah bah..

and whose output in 2.8.1Rel.1 is

..blah blah blah.. (not centered)

  When I change the tags to

  both versions of lynx have the same centered output.. Any ideas of what
could the problem be here ?

  I have made a copy of these files, they can be seen at

http://www.math.washington.edu/~chappa/math.html (not centered version)

and

http://www.math.washington.edu/~chappa/math2.html (centered version)

  Thanks, and have a nice day.