Re: lynx-dev Autoconf patch for S/390 (EBCDIC)

From: dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Autoconf patch for S/390 (EBCDIC)
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 1998 18:32:25 -0500 (EST)

> To date, I suspect that I'm the entire EBCDIC Lynx developer and user
> community.  I'd be elated to see it doubled.
>
> And David J. Fiander of MKS replied to a private message that he had
> submitted his autoconf patches to GNU.  They were rejected; apparently
> Richard Stallman deems mainframes too far from the mainstream.

tsk, tsk.  (I don't mind integrating working code - today's minicomputers
are tomorrows' mainframe).

Along that line - are your os390 patches stable enough for us to try
absorbing some of it?  (It's simpler to keep in sync that way, and as
I recall, the diffs aren't large).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden