Re: lynx-dev coredump

From: Leonid Pauzner
Subject: Re: lynx-dev coredump
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 1998 16:37:20 +0300 (MSK)

>> but now come again). What should I do to prepare a debug info for you?
>> I got exit with signal 11 on Linux.

> well - if I were seeing coredumps in something, I'd build a debug-version
> (compile with -g) so that I could see the symbols in the core file better.
> That's a start.  (If it is my own machine, I'd link with ElectricFence,
> or at work, with Purify, so that I can get a precise location of the
> problem - but both have limitations, and you can't generally run those
> on your ISP).  Then I'd simply run with the debug version until the problem
> came back (if you're running the same optimization level, etc., it probably
> will).

Ok, I build a debug version of 2.8.1rel.1,
link it with ElectricFence, and run under gdb.
Apperently, the problem around freeing the "title" in LYpop(), *sometimes*.
Any ideas?

(gdb) bt
#0  0x400709e9 in __kill ()
#1  0x80c974b in EF_Abort ()
#2  0x80c9269 in free ()
#3  0x8077a81 in LYpop (doc=0x810d6e4) at ./LYHistory.c:312
#4  0x805e4df in mainloop () at ./LYMainLoop.c:381
#5  0x805cf98 in main (argc=1, argv=0xbffffc58) at ./LYMain.c:1686
#6  0x804a65b in ___crt_dummy__ ()
(gdb) up
#1  0x80c974b in EF_Abort ()
(gdb) up
#2  0x80c9269 in free ()
(gdb) up
#3  0x8077a81 in LYpop (doc=0x810d6e4) at ./LYHistory.c:312
312             FREE(doc->title);
(gdb) up
#4  0x805e4df in mainloop () at ./LYMainLoop.c:381
381                         LYpop(&newdoc);
(gdb) up
#5  0x805cf98 in main (argc=1, argv=0xbffffc58) at ./LYMain.c:1686
1686            status = mainloop();
(gdb) up
#6  0x804a65b in ___crt_dummy__ ()
(gdb)