lynx-dev hangups [in DNS?] in Win 95

From: Al Gilman
Subject: lynx-dev hangups [in DNS?] in Win 95
Date: Sun, 1 Nov 1998 00:05:34 -0500 (EST)

I have been having a "hung" state sometimes while following links.

The display gets to the point where it says

"looking up www.w3.org" followed by a blinking cursor.

Using Control-G gets me out of the hangup and I can then follow
the link without trouble.  Now, I don't believe that the "looking
up" message is strictly on the up and up because this is a site I
had just visited a moment before, so the IP number should be
freshly in the cache at the DNS server.  The following try goes
through quickly.

This could have been on URLs where HTTP basic security is in
effect, i.e. my Lynx is passing password information with the
GET.  If that has any possible bearing on the issue.

Dunno if that is any use to you or not.

Al

this is with 2.8.1pre.9 binary from fdisk.com.