Re: lynx-dev lynx whith a special configuration

From: Leonid Pauzner
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx whith a special configuration
Date: Sun, 1 Nov 1998 09:51:21 +0300 (MSK)

>      * From: Nelson Henry Eric <address@hidden>

> You're not the only one. :-)  I know of no c programmer who is interested
> in drastically reducing the size of Lynx (which is what we are talking
> about, i.e., getting the image down to <400 Kb).

> I'm working on it, but progress is SNAIL SLOW, so don't hold your breath.
> One thing, PLEASE, if you do anything at all along these lines, do inform
> address@hidden, or at least me personally.  I'll add it to my references
> to the LYNX_LITE (Thanks, Al) project.

New "cutoff_exe.h" headers file proposed:

#ifdef  CUT_OFF_EXE
/*
Few users ask to reduce lynx executable size ("disk quota exceeded")
by reducing some lynx functionality.
We recommend using executable packers like gzexe instead,
but probably also choose options below:

        name                            approx cutoff size (packed)
*/
#define NO_CHARTRANS_MNEMONICS          /* ?(?) KB */
#define NO_CHARTRANS_ARABIC_AND_HEBREW  /* ?(?) KB */
#define NO_CHARTRANS_DOS_CODEPAGES      /* ?(?) KB */
#define NO_OPTION_MENU                  /* ?(?) KB */
#define NO_EXTENDED_HTMLDTD             /* ?(?) KB */

/* to be continued... */

#endif /* CUT_OFF_EXE */