Re: lynx-dev htmlcompendium

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: lynx-dev htmlcompendium
Date: Sun, 1 Nov 1998 14:47:47 -0500 (EST)

981101 Larry Virden wrote:
> I would let them know - if I had any idea what to tell them.
> Unfortunately, each time I or others have asked, on this list,
> over the past 7 yrs, for info on what tags lynx support,
> the answer has been 'read the source'.
> I have, for better or worse, chosen other activities
> over reading the source to document what tags lynx supports.

your words suggest the culprit may have been one former developer,
who would dampen anyone's enthusiasm very quickly, if taken seriously.
the starting-place has to be `Supported URLs' in the on-line help,
supplemented perhaps by checking  1 - 2  suitable source files.
is there a problem after that point?  if so, we need to improve `Help'.