Re: lynx-dev lynx whith a special configuration

From: Leonid Pauzner
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx whith a special configuration
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 1998 19:18:30 +0300 (MSK)

>> #ifdef CUT_OFF_EXE

> I once thought along these lines, but my feeling now is that we would
> be better off with a document referenced from INSTALLATION that would
> simply make recommendations about which options to "disable"/"without".
> Perhaps even just make a short statement right in INSTALLATION aimed at
> people who have an interest in reducing the image size and put asterisks
> on certain non-essential options.  I'm not convinced that LYNX_LITE is
> anything we want people to be able to turn on with just the push of a
> button.  My vision for LYNX_LITE is something imprinted on a ROM chip
> that gets shoved in a cellular phone (different from the goal of gzexe).

> __Henry

If I understand you right, you want most features became configurable
(disable) at compile time, not only those that we have are now but much more.

I see too much possible combinations and it can not be implemented
without any sharp leading idea or exact aim.
Also, this way may go to the madness: many options can be excluded
in a rather complicated way because the original lynx code was written
without that concern.