Re: lynx-dev Refresh... why isn't it supported?

From: mattack
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Refresh... why isn't it supported?
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 1998 18:09:52 -0800 (PST)

On Wed, 4 Nov 1998, Doug Kaufman wrote:
>On Wed, 4 Nov 1998 address@hidden wrote:
>
>> Subject: lynx-dev Refresh... why isn't it supported?
>>
>> I guess the answer will simply be "because nobody's written the code to do
>> it".. But there seem to be enough servers that do a Refresh that it would
>> be useful to support it.
>
>I am not an expert on this, but I think that if you search the
>archive, you will see that this is intentional. Refresh is supported
>by activating its URL in the usual manner. This gives time to those
>users who need more time (e.g. with screen reader or speech) to
>examine the page. Control is in the hands of the user, who can
>activate refresh immediately or take time as needed, then activate
>refresh.

But for something like the Wells Fargo web page, there's not a URL
printed - like a lot of them say something like
Refresh (0 seconds): http://URLHERE

But Wells Fargo's doesn't do anything like that.. and unless someone knows
the trick to manually reload, it doesn't do anything.  So it seems like
this should be an option then.  I'd turn it on to always refresh.  I mean,
we *do* want this to act as closely to a "standard" (as in GUI) web browser
as possible, don't we?  I do..