lynx-dev Suppressing Status and Menu Lines (was: [ no subject ] )

From: David Woolley
Subject: lynx-dev Suppressing Status and Menu Lines (was: [ no subject ] )
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 1998 08:48:16 +0000 (GMT)

> I am using Lynx 2.8.1 released for Win32 running on WindowsNT 4.0.  I
> am having trouble getting rid of the border/margin that lynx seems to

Lynx doesn't generate any left or right margins.  You can reduce the
menu and status areas to one line each (total 2) by selecting advanced
user mode.

Removing the first and last lines entirely probably requires a source
code change.

> add.  I am working with a very small terminal (21 columns by 8 lines)
> and can=92t afford to have borders.  I have set my Web pages to
> =93<metaname=3D"Microsoft Border" content=3D"none">=94 which shows up on =

                  ^^^^^^^^^

This is a proprietory Microsoft feature, and not really intended for your
useage; I presume it is intended to lock people into the page by disabling
the controls, as much as to give a clean window.

> =93<metaname=3D"Microsoft Border" content=3D"none">=94 which shows up on =
These characters are not compatible with your explicitly declared character
set, which was:

and do not exist in the default HTTP character set, the HTML character set
at all, or in the most commonly used 8 bit character set for email
(ISO 8859/1, Unicode and ISO 8859/1 respectively).