Re: lynx-dev Re: International version up to 2.8.1rel.2

From: David Combs
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Re: International version up to 2.8.1rel.2
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 1998 05:38:27 -0800 (PST)

> From address@hidden Wed Nov  4 05:10:43 1998
> From: address@hidden
> Subject: Re: lynx-dev Re: International version up to 2.8.1rel.2
>
> I think I'll probably have to sanitize this stuff - some of the people
> working on GNU software have a bad attitude about portability, and
> intentionally put in things that make their tools build only with
> GNU software.
>
> (vendor-lockin is a Bad Thing, no matter what color your hat is).

You and others would do us ALL a BIG favor if you had or built
a list of these sanitization-needing items.  Even add it to
the web site, near the sources.

This computer stuff is just getting so much more difficult
these days -- more and more and  more stuff you have to know,
just so intel and M$ can sell to more people -- it's just crazy
for each person to discover this stuff for him/her-self.

David