Re: lynx-dev Misplaced? <dd> breaks anchor.

From: dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Misplaced? <dd> breaks anchor.
Date: Sat, 7 Nov 1998 14:16:06 -0500 (EST)

> > From address@hidden Fri Nov  6 16:22:09 1998
> > Date: Sat, 7 Nov 1998 09:19:23 +0900 (JST)
> > From: Nelson Henry Eric <address@hidden>
> >

> > Re: doc tweak, maybe for your beginners' primer.  I don't think
> > words like `tagsoup' and `sorta-sgml' are what should be in short
> > descriptions in the `k' keybinding list.
> >
> > __Henry
> >

> Well, the reader of the K list shouldn't have to learn
> a new set of synonyms just to be able to follow
> lynx-dev discussions.
>
> WHY did fote call it "tag soup"?  Maybe that is actually
> a good name -- as long as its derivation is explained
> somewhere.
I suppose it's in the archive - but my understanding is that Klaus and Fote
disagreed on how to handle error recovery when tags are improperly nested.

Klaus wanted to reject things that weren't properly nested, and Fote
made some allowances (i.e., the tags didn't have to follow the standard
structure), so someone dubbed it tag-soup.

(Much of the initial discussion seems to have been private email between
them, or else it started long before I started working on Lynx at the
beginning of 1997)

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden