Re: lynx-dev some proposed nit fixes in lynx.cfg

From: David Combs
Subject: Re: lynx-dev some proposed nit fixes in lynx.cfg
Date: Sun, 8 Nov 1998 05:19:16 -0800 (PST)

> From address@hidden Sat Nov  7 15:50:53 1998
> From: Philip Webb <address@hidden>
>
> 981107 Larry Virden wrote:
> > The spaces after : are mixed so I stated to turn them into 1, then decided
> > because there were so many already with 2 to go with 2.  Shrug.
>
> yup, you called them `nits'.  the documentation needs a lot of improvement
> & it has to be done nit by nit, basically.  i've tried to do a bit
> & am delighted to see you & LP have a go too: please do more.
>
> BTW when documenting, LP needs to remember `the', `is' & `has',
> none of which have (has?) counterparts in Russian, of course;
> i never could get the hang of perfective verbs ... (grin).

"Nits".  Someone gives me a contract to sign; I go through it
and find things to fix, to make make more sense as to the intentions
of the parties.  Would rather decide those now, than later via
some judge doing it.

So what do I get?  "Nit, Nit, Nit!  Just leave it alone, Combs.
Our lawyers have approved this contract, and that's it, we
can't change it" (that last part is a blatent lie, always.
Maybe the whole thing too, who knows).

Nit Nit Nit!   Yes, FIX them, every darn one, to hell with
the complainers.  Then turn it over to me, and let me have a go --
except you have to REALLY know lynx to do that, and I don't,
so that's not a good idea.

Russian, no.  English, yes, that I can do.

I'd go through and move every "only" (way) forward to its
logical place, change every "may" to "might" or the like, if
that is the sense ("may" means "is allowed to" in law AND in
computer doc -- or at least it should (personal bias)).

(end-rant)

is THAT tag-soup, with no begin-rant?

Sorry, had to make this reply pertinent somehow :-).

David