lynx-dev patch for cookies with null value

From: brian j. pardy
Subject: lynx-dev patch for cookies with null value
Date: Sun, 8 Nov 1998 18:27:48 -0800

It looks like this patch fixes the problem that Larry was having with
http://www.onelist.com/ in the middle of last month. I'm not sure exactly
why Fote wanted to ignore cookies with an empty value, but it looks like
if we accept them things work properly.

This is against 2.8.2dev.1, should probably work just fine against
2.8.1rel.?...

Larry, could you give this a try?

diff -cr lynx2-8-1/src/LYCookie.c lynx2.8.2.dev.1.bri/src/LYCookie.c
*** lynx2-8-1/src/LYCookie.c    Fri Nov  6 06:29:41 1998
--- lynx2.8.2.dev.1.bri/src/LYCookie.c  Sun Nov  8 18:21:25 1998
***************
*** 1156,1162 ****
             *  new, unknown attribute which doesn't take a value, and
             *  ignore it. - FM
             */
!           if (!known_attr && value_end > value_start) {
                /*
                 *  If we've started a cookie, and it's not too big,
                 *  save it in the CombinedCookies list. - FM
--- 1156,1169 ----
             *  new, unknown attribute which doesn't take a value, and
             *  ignore it. - FM
             */
!           /* if (!known_attr && value_end > value_start) { */
!
!             /* Is there any reason we don't want to accept cookies with
!              * no value? This seems to be needed for sites that reset a
!              * cookie by nulling out the value. If this causes problems,
!              * we can go back to the original behavior above.  - BJP
!           if (!known_attr) {
                /*
*** 1622,1628 ****
--- 1629,1642 ----

--
Whenever people agree with me I always feel I must be wrong.
                -- Oscar Wilde