lynx-dev LYNX: sugg: auto-return from "p" page.

From: David Combs
Subject: lynx-dev LYNX: sugg: auto-return from "p" page.
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 05:08:25 -0800 (PST)

You're going down a list of links to sequential html-files,
eg chapter1, chapter2, ... chapter55.

(You are not using trace, because you like the filename
to say chapter4.html, rather than lnk000000000000000000023.dat
or something.   by the way, anyone written a perl program
or something to "mv" those funny-named files to their
original name (tail part of)?)

Anyway, in vikeys it's j to go down one, p to get to p-page,
return to choose to save the html, return to keep the suggested
filename -- so far, very fast -- but NOW you have to wait
til the p-page reformats or does something (seems to me, from
watching screen), and THEN you have to do an "h" to get back
to where those links are, ie you must EXPLICITLY return from
the p-page.

No big thing, hitting an "h", a real nitpick.  But after 50 times
(say), you wish you didn't have to.

Now, if I do "p", get to the p-page, and then hit ^C, someone
traps that, and does an auto-h FOR me.

---

Problem: suppose someone wants to do TWO print ops to the SAME
link.  Well, there COULD be an option (at the bottom of the
p-page's list) to "do NOT auto-return from THIS p-page",
after which THAT p-page works like it does now -- stays there,
until an explicit "h" (I talk in vikeys-language).

All this assumes that 99.999% of the time, we all do ONE p-page
command, and then return back to browsing...

Comments on that assumption are clearly needed, from others.

David