Re: lynx-dev How to maintain sources with gettext() ?

From: Nelson Henry Eric
Subject: Re: lynx-dev How to maintain sources with gettext() ?
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 11:22:00 +0900 (JST)

> Is there any special limitation for code using gettext(),
> e.g. to change english string or just change the line number:

If the English string is changed, i.e., the ``msgid ""'', then
the .po file must be updated.  That is why none of the .po files
should be included in the distribution.  If they are, then really
it seems to me that the "distributors" are obligated to update
all of them.  What a waste of time.

If anything were to be included, only "lynx.pot", the template,
should be included, but that too is of very questionable value
since it is so easy to create one fresh, after the breakout.

> Some docs required.
> Also, the INSTALLATION file should be updated for new config options.

I'll work on it this winter vacation.  Anyone is welcome to beat me
to it :-)

__Henry