Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.2dev.2

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.2dev.2
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 21:28:35 -0500 (EST)

981111 Leonid Pauzner wrote:
> french "po" file say something like
>   msgid "NeXT character set  "
>   msgstr "Jeu de car. NeXT    "
> which obviously wrong for several reasons:
> 1. trailing spaces not allowed,
> 2. should be inserted only in option menu
> but not in LYCharSets.c/UCDomap.c/LYRCFile.c
> to avoid compatibility problems with .lynxrc/lynx.cfg

and 3. because `Jeu de car' isn't French, let alone a translation
(unless it's some sort of jargon or slang);
`jeu de cartes' = `card game' (eg bridge), `jeu de mots' = `pun'.
i haven't been following this thread at all,
but do know something about some (human) languages, incl French:
where are you getting the translations from ... ?

> 3) please add my fixes for dev1 (and pre2): 1252&help

while people are adding things,
could you revise the 1-line account of the  ^v  (tagsoup) keybinding
to be more informative: i suggested a wording.

all with the usual (smiles).