Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.2dev.2

From: Nelson Henry Eric
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.2dev.2
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 13:45:03 +0900 (JST)

> for this pass, I included it - I'd rather make it an add-on package, but
> that'll take more work.

Don't understand.  I found it MUCH less work once I got the old stuff
out of the way, i.e., "rm -r /intl /po".  For each breakout, a new
lynx.pot has to be made, anyway.  (Translators: diff it against the
lynx.pot that you made your original translation against, and you'll
know right away what needs to be fixed.  That's right, keep old one's
around for reference.)

> don't work.  So I don't see how to build it without the GNU gettext stuff.
> (And building _that_, I found one syntax error ;-).

I think that's what I've been trying to say all along.  Bite the bullet
and use GNU make once, and then you'll be through with it.

> > If this is the case, developers may have to come up with different
> > wording for strings to make them unique.
>
> yes - that's a weakness of xgettext.

I was hoping my understanding was _in_correct.  Oh, well, cannot have
everything, I guess. :(  I still think it's an improvement over the
include file, though.

__Henry