Re: lynx-dev iris-ansi terminal not supported

From: dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev iris-ansi terminal not supported
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 05:36:19 -0500 (EST)

> I'm using lynx for the first time.  I'm running IRIX 6.5 on a SGI Indy
> R4000.  I got lynx from the SGI Freeware CD.  If I start lynx from a
> normal IRIX window, whose TERM is by default iris-ansi, the enter key
> inside lynx does not work!  I worked around the problem putting this
> alias in my .tcshrc, but it's ugly:
>
> alias lynx 'sh "TERM=vt320; /usr/freeware/bin/lynx \!*"'
there's more than one factor - determining which is the underlying problem
will require some work:

        + The 'iris-ansi' description specifies 'kent=^M', which is probably
          what you are talking about.  The IRIX 'vt320' does not specify
          kent (enter-key).

        + 'kent' is a little ambiguous - depending on who wrote the description,
          it may mean either the <return> key on the main part of the keyboard,
          or the <enter> key on most keypads.

          The latter is (in keypad application mode) a control sequence.

        + The xwsh emulator (what I assume you're talking about) is a quasi-
          vt100 emulator (not really compatible).  It can be run in either
          IRIS or VT100 emulation modes.

So I need some more clarification.  (If I know what I'm looking for, I can
do limited testing on that system).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden