Re: lynx-dev problems building lynx 2.8.1dev.2

From: Mike Castle
Subject: Re: lynx-dev problems building lynx 2.8.1dev.2
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 19:08:50 -0600 (CST)

Amazingly enough address@hidden said:
> I intend making it an add-on, so the configure script will be able to
> first check if the directories are there before doing anything with them,
> and further, to make it pick up the list of .po files so we don't have
> to embed that in the sources.

Out of curiosity, any clue how this will be done?

The only package I know of that uses configure and add-ons is egcs, and the
command line switch to configure is "--enable-add-ons=item1,item2,...,itemN"

Is the "--enable-add-ons" a standard configure thing or just an egcs thing?

If not a standard configure thing, what do other packages do?

mrc
--
       Mike Castle       Life is like a clock:  You can work constantly
  address@hidden  and be right all the time, or not work at all