Re: lynx-dev gettext() question

From: Mike Castle
Subject: Re: lynx-dev gettext() question
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 1998 18:33:14 -0600 (CST)

Amazingly enough Claude SOMA - CNTS said:
> If you have no switch, you can do: (shell syntax)
>
> (LANGUAGE=fr ;export LANGUAGE; lynx ...) #to have french translation

I guess something to consider is giving a way to change the language at run
time.  (think public anonymous lynx configurations here).

What mechanisms exist to allow this?  Do the gettext() implementations
check the environment variable every time?  Or do they do it once then sent
something internally?  If the latter, is there a way to reload a message
base?

mrc
--
       Mike Castle       Life is like a clock:  You can work constantly
  address@hidden  and be right all the time, or not work at all