lynx-dev handling the screen in lynxexec

From: Eduardo Chappa L.
Subject: lynx-dev handling the screen in lynxexec
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 1998 18:39:52 -0800 (PST)

Hello,

  This is a question, whose answer may be that this is not a problem in
lynx, but I want to make sure anyway.

  I installed lynx 2.8.1rel1 in digital unix, with ncursesv4.2. I enabled
local execution of programs. I wrote some programs that I wanted to
execute while still being in lynx, so I added them to my jump file. The
input and output of these program are files. My problem is that if I make
a mistake entering the name of these files while runing the program, the
erase character appears printed in the screen (^H), so if I make a mistake
I have to restart all over again.

  So my question is if this is a problem  with ncurses or with lynx, and
if is it there any way to fix it ? Also, I enabled the advanced user mode
and the last line is not erased on the start of the program, my program
writes over it. Is ncurses the problem ?

Eduardo
http://www.math.washington.edu/~chappa/personal.html