Re: lynx-dev more on leaks

From: dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev more on leaks
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 1998 08:10:53 -0500 (EST)

> > Actual leaks report    (actual leaks:      2629  total size:   28990 bytes)
> >
> >  Total  Num of  Leaked      Allocation call stack
> >  Size   Blocks  Block
> >                 Address
> > ======  ====== ==========  =======================================
> >  23880    1194      -      dcgettext__ < dgettext__
> >   2392    1196      -      dcgettext__ < dgettext__
> >   2233     203      -      HTSACopy < UCGetLYhndl_byMIME
> >    348      29      -      calloc < store_cookie
> >    137       7      -      HTSACat < MakeNewMapValue
>
> Is that there are leaks in these 5 places, resulting in 2,629 actual leaks.

I guess so (I do something similar for vile and ncurses, but haven't paid a
lot of attention to the convention in Lynx's no-leaks code, and haven't
done _any_ leak testing on the gettext code yet).  The bulk of the
allocations are in the gettext code (and it's not clear at the moment if
Lynx is reporting unfreed memory, or memory to which the pointers have been
discarded).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden