Re: lynx-dev gettext() question

From: Mike Castle
Subject: Re: lynx-dev gettext() question
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 1998 13:27:39 -0600 (CST)

Amazingly enough Nelson Henry Eric said:
> > What mechanisms exist to allow this?  Do the gettext() implementations
> > check the environment variable every time?  Or do they do it once then sent
>
> At the risk of getting flamed (wouldn't be the first time :), shouldn't
> these questions be going to the gettext mailing list?

Nope.  Lynx is using gettext; gettext isn't using lynx.

My question was meant to provoke some thought.  Specifically, will it be
possible to change, on the fly, what language gettext is using.  And if so,
consider adding that to the user interface somehow.

Again, referring to my original reason for proprosing such an ability:
public access lynx where the admin might be interested in providing
multiple languages for the users.

mrc
--
       Mike Castle       Life is like a clock:  You can work constantly
  address@hidden  and be right all the time, or not work at all