Re: lynx-dev gettext() question

From: Nelson Henry Eric
Subject: Re: lynx-dev gettext() question
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 1998 09:28:31 +0900 (JST)

> My question was meant to provoke some thought.  Specifically, will it be
> possible to change, on the fly, what language gettext is using.  And if so,
> consider adding that to the user interface somehow.

The answer to your question(s) is in the gettext documentation.

> public access lynx where the admin might be interested in providing
> multiple languages for the users.

I run a public access lynx which presently is set up to only do
Japanese.  It now will be possible to offer English or Japanese,
one of the reasons, btw, that I have expressed a desire to use
gettext over the include file method.  IMHO, it is best done with
the wrapper to Lynx, not within Lynx.  I see no benefit to offering
a runtime option to changing the language of the messages.  It's pure
luxury eating away at more memory.

__Henry