Re: lynx-dev three notes w/r to lynx2.8.2

From: dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev three notes w/r to lynx2.8.2
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 1998 22:21:09 -0500 (EST)

> Nit:
> Lynx 2.8.2 releases are all expanding into a lynx2-8-1 directory.
those are development versions.  There is no such thing as Lynx 2.8.2
(Jim Spath modified the breakout to put it in lynx2-8-2, so the next
version will change that).

> And 2.8.2 makefiles have VERSION set to 2-8-1 as well.
right.

> Observation:
> The latest .zip file for 2.8.2dev2 is twice the size of any other
> .zip archive.
that appears to have both the lynx2-8-1 and lynx2-8-2 breakout directories
in it.  probably Jim Spath was testing the scripts (I'll look at this the
next time I go to that machine)

> Failure:
> Compilation of the latest release, 2.8.2dev2, is failing here on
> SCO OSR 5.0,5, with 'msgfmt: not found'.  I've never had that file
> here, nor gmsgfmt, and no prior release ever tripped up on this.

read the CHANGES: if you don't have GNU gettext, that version has to
be configured with --disable-nls (and yes, I plan to see what I can do
to make that work better ;-).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden