lynx-dev Request for Comment: partial display and refresh

From: Larry W. Virden
Subject: lynx-dev Request for Comment: partial display and refresh
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 1998 06:43:06 -0500 (EST)

When I configure lynx to do partial display and to use ncurses 4.2.patched
thru the first week of November, it appears
that at the end of the loading of the file, lynx does a screen refresh.
I am wondering if someone familar with that code could conceive of a
way for that code to some how determine whether or not the refresh is
necessary.

In many cases, lynx loads things so quickly that the refresh occurs
almost as fast as the initial load occurs - causing the screen to
'blink'.

I would rather not see that blink if necessary.

I see this on my Mac vt220 emulator (at 28k), my Solaris dtterm, and
to a lesser annoyance under rxvt and xterm.  Apparently dtterm does
its text screen refreshes at about the same speed as the mac at 28k :-( .
--
Larry W. Virden                 <URL:mailto:address@hidden>
<URL:http://www.purl.org/NET/lvirden/> <*> O- "No one is what he seems."